OPI Studio LED Lamp: Video Demo & Review
The OPI Studio LED Lamp has a lot of great features including:
- Motion sensor that activates the light when you place your hand in the lamp. It also automatically turns off when your hand is removed.
- Four timer settings: 15 seconds, 30 seconds, 45 seconds and 60 seconds.
- Lightweight & portable.
- Silence / no beeping. This can be a pro or con depending on your personal preference. Many people tell me that beeping noises bother their pets, so if that’s an issue for you this is a good solution.
- Finger guides for perfect placement of your fingers for optimal even curing.
- Removable base for easy cleaning and for pedicure use.
- Long cord.
- 1 year manufacturer’s warranty.
- 67,000 hours of performance.
- 32 LED lights (32 watts).
The original OPI LED lamp is larger (a bit clunky in my opinion), has some grooves on the back that are hard to clean, and is expensive with a retail price of $400. The new Studio LED Lamp is smaller with a more sleek, lightweight design, and the price point is a lot lower. I found this lamp for sale on Amazon.com for just $134.49. That’s an amazing price for a professional quality lamp!
As you’ll see in the video, I really have nothing but good things to say about this lamp. The finger grooves take a little getting used to, but after using it a couple times you don’t even think about it.
UPDATE 3/15/16: I used this lamp in the salon for a short while, but the finger grooves were very confusing to clients and there were many polish blunders due to bumped nails. Also, it gets VERY hot with repeated use!