November 20, 2012
OMGNailStrips.com sent me two products to review, and the first product that I tried were these nail foils. This was my first ever experience with nail foils, so I went into this with absolutely no knowledge of how they were supposed to work. I wanted to see if I could figure it out with just the instructions that were included on the package, and I think I managed fairly well for my first time.
The instructions seemed simple enough, but the English could use a little improvement:
1. File, clean the nail and keep them dry.
2. Select appropriate size for the nails.
3. Peel off the sticker and apply it on the nail. Note: Apply the sticker starting on one side and leaving the trim-off side.
4. Smooth the sticker on nails. Note: When smoothing the sticker, heat will be needed, it will ensure the sticker is firmly applied on even or curved nails.
5. Trim the excess with a scissors. Note: When trim the excess, it will lift at the free edge if the top layer is filed off.
It wasn’t specified how the heat should be applied, so I used my hair dryer to heat the sticker and then firmly pressed it onto the nail trying to smooth out any wrinkles. I found the trimming to be a bit challenging as it was hard to get the shape exactly right. I’m also not sure what the note about trimming the excess means, but when I only trimmed with scissors I wasn’t able to get close enough to the tip for a perfectly clean edge. I did use a nail file to finish off the tips, which I don’t think you are supposed to do.
The foils actually looked much better in person than they do in the photos. Because they are shiny they were hard to photograph and all of the flaws really stand out when magnified.
While I received this product for free, I was not paid to provide a positive review. This review contains my honest opinions.