2014 Year In Review and 2015 Goals
Time flies when you’re having fun! It’s hard to believe that another year has gone by already. I feel so fortunate to have had such an amazing year, and am hoping that 2015 will be just as rewarding! On January 1st I posted some blogging goals for 2014, and most of them were accomplished. I tend to stay on track better when I set goals, so I’m going to do that again this year.
Accomplishments in 2014:
- Attended the Cosmoprof trade show in Las Vegas as a member of the press. I was fortunate to make friends with several other nail bloggers, did lots of networking and made connections with many brands, learned about new products and lines, and it was just an amazing experience overall.
- Entered into a collaboration with Pink Gellac and launched the Chickettes Boutique with the Holiday Sparkle Collection, and have since added several more colors and products.
- Finished swatching all of the colors in the Gelish line that are available in the U.S. (see here)
- Hosted several awesome giveaways! Sponsors included Gloss48, DIY Hard Nails, NailMates, Jord, Gelish MINI, Couture Gel Nail Polish, Lacqit, Messy Mansion, Esther’s Nail Center and Artsyfartsy Crafts.
- Was published in print! A group photo of several bloggers that attended a party while at Cosmoprof was published in Nail It! and NAILPRO magazines. I was also interviewed for an “I Can’t Live Without” article for Nail It! Magazine, which has just been published in the new January/February 2015 edition!
- Became self-empolyed! I quit my day job of 15 years in order to focus more on blogging and my web business! It was the best decision ever.
- Enrolled at the Brown Aveda Institute!
Goals for 2015:
- Graduate from the nail program at the Brown Aveda Institute and get licensed. My classes begin in just a few weeks, and I should be done sometime in June. I can’t wait!
- Expand the Chickettes Boutique with more product offerings and further develop my sales and marketing skills.
- Attend Cosmoprof again and take better notes and more photos!
- Practice and improve my freehand art skills.
- Swatch all of the untried polishes on my shelf.
- Make more YouTube videos.
- Upgrade and redesign the blog layout.
Favorite Nail Art of 2014:
These are a few of my favorite nail art designs from this year. You can click on the photos to read the corresponding post with details.
Thank you all so much for following, reading and supporting Chickettes! I wish you all a very healthy and happy new year!