VIDEO: Turquoise Nails Using Pink Gellac & Sharpie Markers
I created this turquoise nail art look using gel polish and a Sharpie marker. I’ve seen lots of tutorials on creating turquoise nails with water marbling, but I wanted something a little easier that I can do in the salon without making a huge mess. I’m pretty pleased with how this turned out, but the technique may still need a bit of refinement. I think the gold flecks could also be done with foils, which I may try next time.
I made a video that shows how to recreate this look, which you can watch below. And here are the step-by-step instructions:
- Prep your nails (file, push cuticles, buff, cleanse)
- Apply Pink Gellac Base2 and cure for 30 seconds (LED)
- Apply two coats of Pink Gellac Gipsy Blue and cure each for 60 seconds (LED)
- Dab a bit of gold polish onto the nails using China Glaze Passion & a balled up piece of plastic wrap
- Allow to dry for a minute or two
- Apply a layer of Pink Gellac Ultra Shine NO-WIPE top coat and cure for 60 seconds (LED)
- Using a black Sharpie marker, draw some vein lines onto the nail
- Use a small brush or sponge and dab alcohol onto the lines to soften them
- Then refine the lines with a straight-edge brush and alcohol by pushing the lines inward
- Repeat steps 7, 8 & 9 to darken the lines
- Apply Pink Gellac Ultra Shine NO-WIPE top coat and cure for 60 seconds (LED)
If you try this technique, I’d love to see it. Post a link in the comments, or tag me in a picture on Instagram or Facebook! :) And if you have any suggestions for improvement, please share.