MelodySusie 36w UV Nail Lamp Review
Hey everyone! I created a video review of the MelodySusie 36w UV nail lamp, which you can watch below. If you don’t have time to watch the video, I also wrote a short summary below about some of the important features of this lamp.
What’s included in the box:
- 36-watt UV lamp
- Five 9-watt UV bulbs (1 extra)
- Instruction manual
- 1-year warranty card
This is a very affordable, high quality UV lamp that will cure all UV curable products including gel polish and builder gels. Here is a quick summary of the features:
- It has a sliding tray that makes cleaning easier, and is also great for sliding your hand in and out of the lamp without the risk of bumping your nails on the bulbs and messing them up.
- It has three timer settings; 120 seconds, 180 seconds and continual use (set to off).
- It has 4 UV bulbs which are easy to install and replace. I demo installation in the video.
- It’s portable and can be easily put away or moved around, but it does take up a bit of space and I wouldn’t consider it to be appropriate for travel purposes.
- It’s made of ABS, which is a very durable material that won’t deform.
- This lamp is very affordably priced. It retails for $63.99, but is currently on sale for approximately $25! That’s a steal for a professional quality lamp.
In the video I also discuss some of the differences between UV and LED lamps:
- UV lamps are more affordable
- UV lamps will cure ALL UV curable products including brands like CND Shellac, whereas LED lamps cure a smaller range of products. Always check your product labels to ensure lamp compatibility and curing times!
- UV lamps have longer curing times and require 120 seconds to cure most products, where LED lamps will cure most products in 30 seconds.
- The bulbs in UV lamps need to be replaced periodically, and LED bulbs last the lifetime of the lamp and do not need replacing.
I also perform a demo using a CND Shellac polish, which cures perfectly! Overall, I think it’s a great quality lamp at an amazing price. This lamp is available for purchase here at Amazon.com!