Gelish Oocha Coocha Gradient w/Stamp
My first gradient! I tried gradients a few times unsuccessfully because I was using a sponge that was too dense. I saw some baby bath sponges at the dollar store yesterday and decided to give them a shot and they worked well. I felt bad for ripping the little ducky shaped sponge into itty bitty pieces, but oh well! LOL
So here is today’s mani pic:
Here’s a quick step by step of how to achieve this look:
- Apply a thin coat of Gelish Foundation and cure for 1-2 minutes.
- Apply 2 coats of Ooca Coocha Bing Bang Bam as the base, curing after each coat.
- Sponge on Night Shimmer from the tips to the center of the nail, and cure. Do this step 1-2 times.
- Sponge on Star Burst in the same manner, and cure after each layer. Do this until you get the desired darkness.
- To add some additional sparkle, apply a coat Vegas Nights and cure.
- Apply a thin coat of the Gelish Top It Off, and cure.
- And finally, clean up around the edges of your nails with a Q-tip and some acetone.
Shortly after finishing my mani, the mailman arrived with my Cheeky nail plates!! Perfect timing.
Here’s what my nails now look like after adding a stamp with Cheeky plate CH11, using Konad silver polish, and then topping them off again with another thin layer of the Gelish Top It Off.