YouVeeShield Review – UV Protection Solution for Gel Polish Manicures & Pedicures
I feel that this product is a better fit for salon use than at-home use, so please keep that in mind when reading this review as I’m going to approach this from the salon perspective. I previously wrote an article about some other UV protection solutions that are more suitable for at home use and I also mention these briefly at the end of the video.
- It blocks virtually all UV light leaving only the fingertips exposed, providing your clients with some peace of mind.
- It can be used on hands and feet, and one shield can be used on the left or the right by simply flipping it over. View the instructions for use here.
- The shield is one-size-fits-most with flexible slits for fingers or toes.
- It’s an inexpensive solution.
- The shields are disposable so you don’t have to worry about sanitizing after use, just throw them away.
- The shield doesn’t allow for full movement of the fingers and feels slightly awkward to wear.
- The shield is not a glove so it lays on top of your hand which I thought felt a little clumsy. The shield can blow in the wind if you are out in the open or near a fan and it will move around if the person wearing it isn’t still. Hopefully your clients sit still while they’re having their nails done, so this may not be a problem.
- I’m not sure how environmentally friendly the product is, so the disposable nature may also be a disadvantage from that perspective.
Overall I think it’s a good product for salon use. Since I do my own nails at home I would personally prefer to wear UV gloves or just apply some broad spectrum sunblock. If you’re interested in buying this product or learning more, please visit the YouVeeShield website here.
Details about the manicure that I was sporting in this video can be found here.